Fire engineering is something that has different sectors of workings, like many other jobs. The two basic different sections in this job are firefighting and fire protection. Since these are two different sections, work performed here are also different. Following are the points that will prove it.
- The first and basic difference between the two types of engineering is the way in which the process of the rescue is done. Fire protection is the process in which different engineering methods are used and applied to stop the fire and the damages caused by it. This method included the analysis of the accidents, the management and the maintenance after the caused damage. On the other hand, fire fighting is the application of various science and technique to prevent the fire from occurring. The person who has the skills and knows the respective technique is called fire protection or fire prevention engineer.
- A fire fighting engineer knows how to control the fire, about the equipment and tools that are required for getting rid of the fire. He knows and understands the density of fire and thus is able to take the required action for controlling or removing it. On the other hand, a fire prevention engineer is the person who knows how to prevent the place or the person from the fire. He knows about the measures and steps that are important for preventing fire.
- Fire prevention is a course in which the students have to read about equations and has to do case studies to understand the actual problems related to the field. The students also need to do a practical application after the proper calculation. This is important, as these practical applications help in getting the idea of the worst condition possible. In the future, the engineers can perform their activities well and can prevent the loss and damages caused by the fire.
- In case of a fire fighting course, the students are taught a lot of practical things. There is a lot of action in this course, as the work they do in the future requires it. They also get the knowledge of differentiating between two types of fire and thus they know about the damage that the type of fire cause.
- Training of both engineering is also different. Fire fighting engineers undergo training that has a lot of physical activities, while fire protection engineers do not go through any such training. In the fire prevention training, you get the knowledge of how to prevent the fire from occurring. To prevent fire, You should take care of the wooden things in your home, should not leave the burning cigarette here and there, burning candles should be taken full care, electrical outlets also should be under surveillance.
So, these are the differences between fire protection and fire fighting engineer has. The reason behind so many differences is the difference in their work. The work of both engineers is different, so there are these differences.