There are a lot of diamond rings to pick from and so finding the right one which is just right for you can feel like an overwhelming and confusing task. But on the other hand, visiting just a jewelry store won’t be enough as the stock there is limited. But regardless of where you want to buy your diamond from, here are some steps you can follow to choose the best diamond rings you can:
- First step: The very first job is to identify what the diamond shape is which is wanted by you or the recipient you are planning to give it to. If you don’t know what to give them try considering the princess cut or the round cut.
- Second step: Set up a carat weight according to what your plans are for yourself or for what the person you are gifting it to wants.
- Third step: Based on the previous two steps, start selecting with the best quality diamond regarding the shape as well as carat weight. Use this as an elimination method till you get a diamond which fits your budget. If you are thinking of which area to begin your concessions first, then first go for lower clarity. Ideally, go till ‘VS2’ and no further. Next comes the colour. Here you can go as low as ‘H’ before you begin making concessions in the last area which is the cut. In the case of round diamonds, go till ‘Very Good’ and no lower. For other types of diamonds, stop ideally at ‘Good’.
What To Do If It Still Doesn’t fit in The budget
Here are some steps to follow if the diamond still isn’t settling in your budget:
- You can shave off some of the carat weight in order to close off the gap. Something like a 10% difference when it comes to carat weight is difficult to visually detect.
- Go lower in terms of Clarity. You can go till ‘SI1’ or even ‘SI2’ if you want a diamond which is less than one carat.
- In terms of color, you can drop till ‘J’. If you already know that the diamond will get set in something like yellow stone, then a drop till ‘K’ will also work.
- Lastly, comes the cut. You can go till ‘Good’ when it comes to round diamonds, but in case, of fancy shapes, you can drop till ‘Fair’.
Tips in Regards To Shape Buying
Most people do have a shape preference and while other factors like quality and price do come before. Here are some tips to follow in regards to set in on a shape:
- Round diamonds have more scintillation and brilliance when compared to shapes. They also can accommodate any form of ring setting. They also never really go out of fashion.
- If you aren’t really sure about what shape you would ideally like to select then seeing diamonds of various types of length to width ratios within that particular shape till you get what you are aiming for.
All the numbers and abbreviations stated within quotations are just gradually decreasing terms of measurement of various factors in regards to diamonds. These tips and steps detail the way you can choose a diamond for yourself without much hassle or confusion.